Original Worship Center (1923 - 1969)
Love for our neighbors launched Kaimuki Christian Church and continues to drive our mission in east Honolulu. Beginning as a Sunday School outreach in the Kaimuki neighborhood in 1909, KCC was organized as a church in 1923 to meet the spiritual needs of the community. In 1968, Kaimuki Christian School was added to KCC’s ministry in east Honolulu. KCC completed the construction of a new worship center in 1970 under the leadership of Pastor Harold Gallagher.
Worship Center & Gallagher Hall (1999 - present)
In 1993, the Lord called Pastor Ron Arnold to serve as Senior Pastor of Kaimuki Christian Church following Pastor Gallagher’s 33 years of service. God gave Pastor Ron a vision for the future ministry of KCC and a call to lead the church into the 21st century. This vision included an extensive remodel of KCC’s Worship Center in Gallagher Hall as well as the expansion of the church and school campus onto adjacent properties. Under Pastor Ron’s leadership, KCC has equipped multiple generations of disciples to love and serve the east Honolulu community and reach out with the love, acceptance, and forgiveness that only Jesus Christ offers. In October 2018, the Lord called Pastors Bryan and Caz Sands to serve as Lead Pastor. Pastor Bryan is picking up the mantle of Pastor Ron—continuing to cast vision and leading Kaimuki Christian Church into brand new territories, continuing to reach more and more people for Jesus.
To learn more about the history as well as the future for KCC, download the booklet "Our Vision and Story" below: